What should I do if my internal stop tap is leaking or broken?

Your internal top tap (also known as stop valve or stop cock) is the point where you can shut off the water supply to your home or business. It's important that you check to make sure the tap is working properly every so often, so that in an emergency you can stop the water supply. If it's leaking or broken you'll need to contact a plumber to fix it for you. To find a plumber near you, use our WaterSafe approved plumbing business search.

Our Partners

WaterSafe Approved Contractors' Scheme Operators

Anglian WaterAssociation of Plumbing & Heating ContractorsCIPHESevern TrentSNIPEFWIAPS