In addition to their credentials and any referrals, you should always pick a plumber who can provide:
- A physical address
- A contact telephone number
- An established time in business
- Proof of insurance
- Their WaterSafe Registration
- Their Gas Safe Registration (if they work on gas systems)
- Their Competent Person Scheme Registration - if applicable. This means they are qualified to carry out certain types of work (such as installing a new heating system or boiler) in accordance with Building Regulations.