How do I know if I should contact a plumber or my water company?

The plumbing system in your home or business is your responsibility. That includes the section of underground supply pipe that comes into your property, generally from the property’s boundary. For this section of supply pipe there are two options:

  • Check to see if your water company offers free repairs to underground supply pipes – some companies do, so it may be worth contacting them first
  • Contact a plumber to fix any problems.

If you are experiencing a problem with your water quality or are not sure if the fault is within your home or business, it is always worth contacting your water company first for advice.

Our Partners

WaterSafe Approved Contractors' Scheme Operators

Anglian WaterAssociation of Plumbing & Heating ContractorsCIPHESevern TrentSNIPEFWIAPS