WaterSafe is a one-stop resource for consumers to find approved contractors in the UK. Take the next steps toward becoming a member today.
Step One: Check you meet the following requirements to become a member:
- In order to join an Approved Contractors’ Scheme a plumber must, as a minimum, have successfully completed a suitable plumbing related NVQ Level 2 in Mechanical Engineering Services and have a Water Fittings Regulations qualification. The full list of qualifications we accept is here.
- If you are an experienced plumber without these qualifications, you can take the BPEC Experienced Worker Qualification to join WaterSafe – download an initial assessment form.
- If you are a business you must have at least one qualified individual who is recognised by WaterSafe for every five employees undertaking water supply installation work. WaterSafe approved businesses must commit to send only qualified and WaterSafe recognised individuals to respond to WaterSafe-generated work.
- Have £2 million of public liability insurance and, where appropriate, £5 million of employers’ liability cover.
WaterSafe member: “It’s promoting that you are a qualified and approved plumber.”
Step Two: Sign up to one of the seven Approved Contractor Schemes who make up WaterSafe:
- WaterSafe is made up of seven Approved Contractor Schemes and the route to becoming approved by WaterSafe is through one of these schemes.
- Find out which scheme best suits you and fill in your application form – don’t forget to select the option to join WaterSafe when you fill this in.
- WaterSafe membership is then free for all qualified members of the seven schemes.
- If you’re already a member of the one of the seven schemes, just ask them for a WaterSafe form to get signed up.
For more information check our membership frequently asked questions, or get in touch – we’re happy to help.